And behold, i tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow being ye are only in the service of your god. - Mosiah 2:17

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

#3 Hola!!


What a week! I dont know where to start. I know I say this everytime but I do love being here. It's such a blessing to have this opportunity to serve the lord and follow his example, and share that example with others who are waiting to recieve it. Our schedule is the same everyweek so im starting to get use to where I am suppose to be and what I am suppose to be doing. It's been a difficult week with our district. We had one elder who went home last week. It was the hardest thing to deal with. I look up to him so much. He is such a good example and such a great elder for doing what he had to do. The MTC is hard. Then this week two more Elders in our district leave for the Dominican Republic MTC. Our  district is soon going to be down to 5. It's not going to be the same. You grow to love the people in the MTC so quickly. I heard a story of an apostle who drove down to the MTC and said he saw angels protecting the boundaries. I thought that was the coolest thing I heard that day. It reminded me kindof of Harry Potter in a way. But good angels not the scary ones protecting Hogwarts. I am learning spanish pretty quickly. I will write you in spanish one of these times when I know exactly what I am saying. Today I went to the temple to do a sealing. I absolutely loved it. It was such an amazing feeling in that sealing room. I acted as a child to be sealed to his parents. Let me tell you I was shaking. The work that goes on in the temple is so sacred and special. I feel so blessed to have that chance. I love doing laundry. I love the smell of downy. haha. I sometimes just smell my G's after I wash them and soak in the scent. I'm craving chips and lots of them. and pretzels. So whoever reads this email feel free. I miss you all so much and am so grateful for the support I recieve from all of you. We taught the second lesson yesterday. The plan of salvation. It was the most comfortabale I had ever felt teaching. We taught a middle aged woman. I didn't know if we got her to cry or if she was just sick. But I know that the spirtit was helping my Compenero and I during that discussion. In our last devotional the speaker said. How do you know if it's the holy ghost or just you speaking. He told us to quit worrying about it. It seems so simple but that advice makes it so much better. Being around so many powerful testimonies and thoughts has helpled me throughout this experience. I am almost half wasy done in the MTC. It's been so much fun. I always wake up happy and ready to go. I saw Elder Saquibo. Im so proud of him. He is going to do so good. 3 Nephi chapter 11 is such a powerful chapter. We always ask our investigators to read that as a committment. After the read that and pray about it they will recieve an answer. I hope you all have a great week!!
I love you all so much!
Elder Payton.

No comments:

Post a Comment