And behold, i tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow being ye are only in the service of your god. - Mosiah 2:17

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

#6 Hey Family!!

This week has been a great week for me! I have less than two weeks in the MTC and I am getting nervous for the field! But more excited, We have been doing a lot of teaching lately. Every single day actually! Our teacher acts like our Progressive Investigator and we have to teach him everyday. He dropped us last night because he was bored while we were teaching. It was pretty funny but a great learning lesson. We learned that we need to involve him a lot more and to not be so boring. We need to tell him why he needs this in his life. It's pretty hard sometimes. But when you don't think about yourself it just comes to you. I had the most spiritual experience of the MTC last week when I contacted my teacher and he told that the spirit stabbed his heart, he told me that he felt that God was talking to him personally through me! I had never thought that anything like that could ever happen. It was something that helpled me so much and knowing that this is where I am suppose to be and those moments are what I want more of. I really do love this misson. I have been thinking a lot about the people in Argentina and the people Heavenly Father is preparing for me right now. It makes me kinda scared knowing that they are prepared for me, I just hope I am prepared for them. I have been studying a lot about prayer lately. Have you ever asked yourself why we pray? It may seem like an easy question. To talk with our father in Heaven. But think about all the people that have never prayed and have had good lives. It's something I need to study lots more on this week and find out exactly why we need to pray. I am so excited for General Conference this week, we have no classes on saturday so we just watch it all day. I am excited. I know that when the aposotles and the prophet our talking its God talking. I never have thought of it that way. So I'm stoked to listen with knowing that! I hope all is amazing back home and everyone is striving to be better. I know I am not even close to perfect but I know that we are't suppose to be yet. It's all a learning experience. I love you all!
 
 
I hope you all have a great week!
Love and miss you.
 
Elder Payton

No comments:

Post a Comment