And behold, i tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow being ye are only in the service of your god. - Mosiah 2:17

Friday, July 8, 2011

Hellllllllllloooo!
I am so glad to hear about your guy´s week! It makes me so happy knowing that you all are doing just dandy! I miss you all so much, and am glad you all got to be together this week!
This week for me was probably the most spiritual I have had so far in my mission! 
Shoot alright I´ll tell the story right now, ahh its so dope. Okay so we had to travel up to Alma Fuerte for a District Meeting which is about two hours away. We had our district meeting and after My companion and I stayed in Alma Fuerte instead of coming back to Rio Cuarto, to help the Hermanas in our district in their area. That was the best decision we could of made. We were blessed so much. So hear is the story now. Her name is Edith. or something like that. ha. So we walk up to the door, and the odor is really strong of pure smoke. So of course we are like ah shoot. So we knock, the first time nothing. Knock again. I look in the window and there is a woman looking at us. So she opens the window, which is kinda a sign of I don´t really want to talk, so in my mind I was a little bummed. We introduced ourselves, said we are missionaries and had a little questionaire we wanted to share about faith and relgion. We started asking questions like, Do you think it is important to follow the example of JesusChrist in all things? Do you think Jesus Visited the Americas? and this is the question that hit her hard, If Jesus was standing in front of you right now what would you say? she said perdon, and salud, which is forgive me and health. We told her after she said that, that she can have that and that is exactly what our message can bring to her life, we bore testimony on her front porch and she starting to cry. "she said, this mensaje es para mi" ahhhhhh. so dope. We then asked if we could come in and teach her a little bit more, we got in! We started talking for a bit and then asked her about Baptism. We showed her a lamanite of how Jesus Christ was baptized by John the Baptice. She looked at it for 1 minute and then said Explicame. Explain. We explained it and she was balling the whole time, we bore testimony and it felt like everything we were saying was straight from the spirit. She said where is the water!! haha. We put a fecha for June. Before we left she said in a prayer or to us, I made a promise to my house that I wouldn´t let anyone in my house who isn´t Catholic! she then said gracias a Dios por Los Elderes! It was so powerful!
I loved it and love how everyone who feels this spirit knows how powerful it is.
I gave my first talk in spanish in Argentina yesterday hahahah I was so nervous. I prepared a talk, but for some reason I didn´t even open my notebook to look at it. I know dumb. hahah so I just bore my testimony and talked as best I could about the missionary work in our ward. Everyone said I did a really good job! The language is getting better each day the more I speak. 
I had lunch with the Verges family on saturday and their grandma and cousin were there from oregon so they speak english which was so nice, America. haha. But I gave a spiritual thought to the family before we left. Jacob 5:72. And it was awesome, I was crying, the kids, the grandma, it was so spiritual. May flew by hu?? goodness! 
It´s starting to get frigid here haha it rains a lot! But I am loving it so much!
I miss you all, and love you! 
have such a fresh week!
Love Elder Payton.

No comments:

Post a Comment