And behold, i tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow being ye are only in the service of your god. - Mosiah 2:17

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Family!

Shoot I just want to say that it was amazing to talk to all of you yesterday and to just hear all of your voices, it makes me more happy to know that you all are doing so well. It was crazy. I love you all, and I miss you. 
So this week was suppose to be our Semana Santa, like our perfect week in the mission everything perfect. obeying all the rules, contacting like crazy, teaching tons of lessons. but it turned into a hectic week! Wednesday we had a Splash, its when everyone works in one area for the whole day. We were in Parque which is 20 minutes away from Roque. That day I think broke me out of my shell, for some reason I did the best and I was contacting and teaching alot. My companion for the splash was Elder Jensen from Vegas. It´s way fun to have different companions every now and then. So one story for that day we were walking and he just asked me what he could do better, me being here only a month was like I don´t know, you have been here so long and i´ve only been here a month. he insisted me to tell him something he could do better, I told him our testimonies are where we invite the spirit the most when we testify. So the next house we contact, this hermana walks out she is smiling so big, I contact her and say hello and everything and say we are missionaries we want to share a message about the plan of salvacion and our savior jesus chirst. She was legit, she was way into and everything and asked us to come back. We testified, and seriously my body was on fire with the chills and the strongest spirit ever, my companion was crying and we walked away from that contact just in awww about what had happened. I asked him how he felt and he said I feel amazing, He told me thank you and said that my spirit I bring invites the spirit so quickly! I love this gospel, love the joy, the peace, the knowledge that it brings to our lives. Its the best gift we have and I am so grateful to share it! The next day I was so so sick! 
so i had to stay in the pension all day which stunk! the food here is starting to get to me a little bit! I miss home cooked meals! Saturday we had the chance to meet with president salas! He is the coolest man. 
We had a meeting and he asked me how everything was going and I told him this first month has ment so much to me, the change in my life already, our investigators, the baptisms! it has all be amazing! 
The baptism and confirmation are my favorite thing about the mission, its beautiful to see the happiness, I mean we all see happiness everyday but this happiness is different its pure joy, being clean of everything and moving on from those things. The atonement is for everyone on this earth! We need to use it! 

Another P day is here! Time goes by so fast for me! hahah maybe not for all of you but I miss you and am so grateful for you all!

Love Elder Payton.


No comments:

Post a Comment